Established in 2003, Workshop for Architecture (WFORA) has designed projects of varying scale and types. With the client, they set clear but flexible design intentions that control decisions down to the details. This allows for progress with room for inspiration. They design towards a client’s budget but simultaneously evaluate whether additional costs provide the client useful value.
Workshop for Architecture is a design-build practice specializing in residential, commercial, and institutional projects that are technically challenging, sustainability-conscious, and aesthetically driven. Our joint company, Workshop for Construction, constructs all our designs with a strong emphasis on quality control, project management, and teamwork. Our office emphasizes the development of both design and construction expertise.
Currently, we are seeking an experienced, Senior Designer/Architect to work in our New York office. This candidate will work directly with the Principal in overseeing the design, production, and administration of all projects.
· Motivated, independent, and able to take initiatives to improve project, office, and personal goals
· Interest and willingness to contribute to our design-build practice
· Deep knowledge of architectural concepts and how to clearly articulate them
· Can motivate other team members to a common cause and utilize their skills effectively
· Can employ a variety of mediums, such as model-making, 3D modeling, sketching, and digital graphics in order to represent design concepts and strategies
· Working knowledge and experience of all phases of project delivery from concept to construction administration
· Able to build and maintain professional relationships with new and existing clients
· Actively engage and assist Principal to raise office standards and goals
· M Arch degree in architecture from accredited U.S. architecture school
· Minimum 7-8 years of full-time experience through all phases of design & construction in a professional architectural office
· Proficient in MicroStation (preferred), AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe CS, Excel, and Microsoft Projects
· US citizen or hold valid work visa (provide visa type & duration)
· Registered Architect, LEED accreditation, and Passive House Certified designer desirable
The selected candidate must be capable of the following:
· Manage the technical and design demands of large, high-end residential projects to AIA professional standards
· Ability to multi-task and self-manage according to project schedule and goals
· Learn, understand, and apply office standards in terms of administrative and design goals
· Contribute resources and contacts to help the office do better work