Anacapa is a progressive architecture, planning and interior design Firm. Their award-winning firm specializes in hospitality, custom residential, creative office and urban infill mixed-use projects. They strive to design experiential environments that reimagine the relationship between the built environment and its impact on productivity, wellbeing and quality of life.
Anacapa Architecture is seeking a Project Architect to become an integral part of our Santa Barbara, CA or Portland, OR collaborative studio environment, working all phases of project delivery on a wide variety of project types. This is a full-time 40-hour week position, available immediately.
A successful Project Architect will skillfully manage all aspects of multiple projects simultaneously. This includes all phases of design through construction administration. The Project Architect will successfully manage resources and schedules to provide accurate timelines for projects, as well as maintain a consistent budget throughout the life of the project. In addition to the review and edit of monthly project invoices.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture · Licensed Architect (preferably in California or Oregon) · 8-10 years of professional design experience · Able to work in our Santa Barbara, CA or Portland, OR office
· Excellent design capabilities on a wide range of projects · High proficiency with code analysis: plumbing calculations, egress & occupancy analysis, accessibility issues, access compliance analysis, etc. · Construction detailing & administration experience · Extensive experience in AutoCAD and Revit a must · Proficiency in either Rhino, 3D Max, or V-Ray is a plus · Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) · Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) · Ability to constructively work independently or as part of a collaborative team · Balance multiple high priority projects simultaneously · Excellent verbal and written communication skills · Attention to detail
The Architectural Project Manager role includes the responsibility of, at minimum, five (5) projects, with all aspects of project design & delivery including client communications, design, production of plans/ specifications, quality control, consultant coordination, and construction administration along with maintaining project budgets and invoices, managing architectural staff, and maintaining deadlines and schedules. See attached job description for more details.
Has full responsibility for managing all aspects of multiple small to midsize projects. Prepares strategic plans for project success. Responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects. Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction. Actively manages client budgets, schedules, and programs; project communications and documentation; office administrative tasks; and project team assignments. Estimates fees, determines the scope of work and prepares proposals and contracts.
English communication skills
Strong communication skills
hand sketching skills
· Competitive salary that is commensurate with experience
· Health and Wellness benefit for all employees
· Medical and Dental Insurance
· Chance to work in an innovative and fast-paced environment!
· Live and work in beautiful Santa Barbara or Portland!